All daycare dogs are required to:
- Be up to date on bordetella (the kennel cough vaccine), the distemper combo, and rabies vaccines.
- Be on a regularly administered flea and tick preventative.
- Be at least 4 months of age.
- Be spayed or neutered by 7 months (unless a medical condition prevents it).
- Have no history of biting or aggressive behavior.
- Be social with others and not be overly possessive of food or toys.
- Not have any communicable diseases.
- Not have previously harmed or threatened any human or other animal.
Once you have that taken care of, please contact your preferred daycare location and set up a time when you and your dog can come in for a temperament test. This is a simple interview wherein we get basic info on your dog, pertinent contact info for you, and proof of vaccinations (bring any vaccination paperwork from the vet that has dates on it – we do not need the official rabies certificate).
This temp test should only take 15 – 20 minutes and will entail an employee and dog greeting your canine to quickly check for sociability. You may schedule this on the same day that you plan to leave your pup for the first time if you have no concerns about his/her comfortable interactions with others.
If you are not leaving your dog for the first day, we prefer scheduling these appointments between 10am and 3pm Monday through Friday. If these time frames don’t work for you, that’s okay! Just know your appointment may be interrupted by dogs coming and going for check-in and check-out.
***unfortunately, pit bull terriers can not be admitted for daycare.
Questions? Email Joel at email@example.com.